some brief incomplete notes abt the fucked up ways ppl on tumblr treat bl as a genre and its fans
- its awful and shallow and horrible for featuring queer sexual relationships, bc that means its just for horny women to get off to right lmfao!!!! never mind that womens sexuality is already denigrated to hell and back by society and that by treating bl, a genre aimed primarily at women, as worthless you are putting down womens interests and womens sexuality in exactly the way society already loves to i.e. by treating them as meaningless by default regardless of actual content bc they are for female consumption
- not to mention the implication that queer sexual relationships themselves are only about sex, which is also hella common in society; queer ppl are regularly reduced to “GAY SEX!!!” and whether you intend it or not comments like “bl is just abt porn lmfao” stink of the same sentiment
- all women who enjoy bl are FETISHIZING HOMOSEXUALITY AND SHOULD BE VILLAINIZED AND TREATED AS HOMOPHOBIC SCUM despite the fact that plenty of ladies who like bl are queer themselves and personally relate to these relationships, characters, and stories
- all women who enjoy bl are FETISHIZING HOMOSEXUALITY AND SHOULD BE VILLAINIZED AND TREATED AS HOMOPHOBIC SCUM because its so much easier to use pseudo-sj language to attack women and teenage girls on the internet for exploring sexuality in a safe and relatively harmless way than it is think critically about the intense pressures w/in society that prevent both straight and queer women from learning about and exploring sexuality otherwise. its so much easier to make text posts about how horrible Yaoi Fangirls are than it is to reflect on societal expectations of female sexuality
in conclusion, lay the frick off bl if you arent going to criticize it or its fans in any meaningful way; there are plenty of valid criticisms of the genre and the fandom to be made so go make those instead of being edgy fake sj
Okay, so I came across the cutest lgbtq webcomic yesterday called Tripping over you, and it’s just the best. If you haven’t already, I suggest checking it out!
//sobs// I hope I did this cutie justice ;A;
Ohgosh, and then some♥♥ This is so cute, thank you!♥ c:
Absolutely! We’ll have a shop set up in the next month or two once we’ve mailed out the KS rewards - we’ll start selling the books, prints, t-shirts, and some extra stuff. Fortunately we’ll be able to accept a few more payment options at that point, too, as we’ve heard a lot of people had trouble with Amazon payments. :)
Fan arts of my favourite webcomics. Can you guess them all? :D
Oh wow. These are sexy.♥ Thank you for such loveliness! ♥♥
Here’s an update! :)
Also, would TOY fans mind doing us a favor and requesting us on Comic Chameleon? http://www.comicchameleon.com/request
We’d super appreciate it!♥
Comic updated last night!♥ :)
We also have a twitter account where updates and notifications will also be posted if you would like to follow it!
You can find it at http://twitter.com/toythecomic
I usually don’t reblog stuff like this because this is my art blog but this hit close to home and reminded me of so many conversations that made me feel like garbage.
It always makes me see red when I see lesbians (and gay men) treating bisexuals this way. I don’t think I can even type too much more without quickly reaching a point where I just smash my head into the keyboard.
This is beautiful and well worth sharing.♥
Hey, the mobile site looks great! Though, on the archive page, it looks like the main white column thing is being compressed to the left side. On my phone, anyway.
Glad to hear it! :) That same issue appears to be on the cast page as well, we’ll look into editing that. For now, there is a switch to standard view at the bottom of the mobile site that might make it a little easier if you need to access those two pages. We just have to figure out how to edit the mobile site’s html now. :) Thank you so much for the feedback!♥
Good news, everyone! We finally get to share a project we’ve been quietly working on in the background for the last couple of weeks (well, mostly Owen and her amazing building skills!)… we updated the website and moved to a new host! (If it isn’t working for you yet, no worries - it may take a few hours to show the update in some regions!)
Please update your bookmarks to http://www.trippingoveryou.com !
The site will continue to exist on ComicFury for now, but the print version of the comic is available on the website, minus the prologue (give it a read through, I promise you won’t regret it!).
There’s also a ton of little extra bonus drawings, the fanart section, and a whole new layout. Please note that all further updates will be on the trippingoveryou.com website!
And as another note, the first surveys were sent out for the Kickstarter! Every tier that purchased a t-shirt should have received an email survey. All other surveys will be sent out once we have the books in hand. This was to know what t-shirt sizes to order for now and to have the proper up-to-date addresses for mailing for all other tiers.
Please feel free to take a look at the website, give it a look through and share any feedback - we’re open to suggestions. Thank you for looking and thank you for reading, everyone!♥
4 all u kids who wanna study some figure drawing/anatomy
- Figure Drawing For All It’s Worth - Andrew Loomis >PDF download<
- Mastering Drawing The Human Figure - Jack Faragasso >PDF download<
- Figure Drawing Design and Invention - Michael Hampton >PDF download<
- Dynamic Figure Drawing - Burne Hogarth >PDF download<
All the downloads are free they only take a little bit time to download because these are big files!